Forward-thinking is always a good idea when it comes to looking after your finances, and this is especially true when it comes to investment.
If you’ve decided you’d like to start investing your cash in 2020, you need to carefully think about the long-term growth. Remember, even established investors struggle to pick an investment as nothing is ever guaranteed.
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
Investing in citizenship could be incredibly valuable given the current political climate. As the Brexit debate rages on, it’s uncertain exactly how travel will be affected once the UK finally leaves the EU. As it stands, the European Commission claims that while visas won’t be required, British people will need to purchase a visa waiver to travel to member states after Brexit—regardless of whether there’s a deal or not. However, it’s possible to avoid any potential travel restrictions by applying for citizenship in another country.
The legal framework enables foreigners to acquire door-opening passports by making large financial contributions, usually in infrastructure development or government bonds.
CIPs range from $100,000 in the island of Dominica to a minimum of $2.15 million in Cyprus — and the best passports, in terms of mobility, tend to be the most expensive.
Cyprus is among the most expensive for a number of reasons. For one, the right to live in Europe is considered to be of high value.
The investment in Cyprus is in real estate and there is a feeling amongst investors that the Cyprus real estate market is well priced and that investing there can lead to good returns.
The Mediterranean nation is also prized for its easy access to EU residency, quick processing times and relatively fuss-free documentation.
If you’re already scoping property in Cyprus a CIP is like a two-in-one deal.
You’ll walk away with a chunk of ownership in a new five-star resort, as well as a new passport.
There are professional benefits as well. A business traveler with a politically problematic passport might not have time to waste waiting weeks, or months, for expensive visas to be approved.
BENEFITS OF THE CYPRUS (EU) CITIZENSHIP
- Powerful European Passport
- EU Citizenship within few months
- Basic Documentation
- Citizenship for the whole family
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- No requirement to reside in Cyprus
- No language or history exam
- No health checks required
- Investment to be kept for only 5 years
- High return on investment and solid capital growth
- 12.5% corporate tax
- 0% dividend income exemption based on relaxed conditions
- Double tax treaties covering more than 60 countries
- An attractive personal tax regime for non-domiciled individuals
- No succession or inheritance taxes
- No immovable property taxes
- Solid and transparent legal system
Source https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/ https://edition.cnn.com/travel/